Executive Chef John Reis of Hilton Harrisburg shared his recipe for Grilled Apple-Brined Pork Chops, Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts and a Fruit Chutney.
2 cups apple juice
1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 cup salt
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 boneless pork chops, about 6 oz. each
1 tablespoon steak seasoning
Raisin and fig chutney (recipe below)
Roasted butternut and sprouts (recipe below)
1. In a large pot over medium-high heat, add 1 cup of water, apple juice, pepper, salt, sugar and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer making sure to stir occasionally to dissolve the salt and sugar.
2. Remove from heat and add to a large bowl with 2 cups of ice.
3. Once the brine has cooled, add pork chops. Brine for at least four hours or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Remove pork from brine, and pat dry with paper towels.
5. Heat grill or grill pan over medium heat. Sprinkle one side of the pork chops with half the grill seasoning. Place chops on hot oiled grill, seasoned side down. Sprinkle the topside with remaining grill seasoning. Grill chops for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Place roasted butternut and sprouts on plate arrange the pork chops over it and stop with the chutney
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup figs, quartered
1 apple, diced
1 cup Champagne vinegar
1/2 cup water
4 oz. granulated sugar
Pinch ground cloves
Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and cook for about 20 minutes at low heat.
Roasted Butternut and Brussels Sprouts
1 cup Brussels sprouts cut in half
2 ounces olive oil
Pinch salt and pepper
1 cup diced butternut
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 oz. diced bacon
Combine all ingredients and wrap in foil. Grill for about 20 minutes.