Propane tanks suspected in home fire that burned 2

(Image 1)

A pair of propane tanks may have caused an explosion and house fire that critically injured two women in Franklin County late Thursday, according to police.

The explosion started a fire at 5371 Main Street in Marion around 10:25 p.m.

Police said 47-year-old Marlena Campbell and her daughter, 23-year-old Naja George were flown to Bayview Burn Center in Baltimore for treatment of extensive burns.

Both were listed in critical condition Friday.

Moments before the explosion, police said the women had gone to the basement to investigate an odor of propane.

A man and three children in another part of the home were able to escape unharmed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s