Satisfy your sweet tooth with nature’s sweetness by making delicious Pineapple Pistachio Pie! You can even freeze it to enjoy a cool treat during those summer months. This pie is a perfect finisher to any meal!
What You’ll Need:
1 (11.2-ounce) package shortbread cookies
3/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lime juice
1 (4-serving size) package instant pistachio pudding and pie filling
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a food processor, combine cookies and 1/4 cup walnuts; process until finely crushed. Stir in butter and press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate to form a crust.
3. Bake 10 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool.
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese about 1 minute, or until fluffy. Add sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and pudding mix and continue beating 2 to 3 minutes, or until smooth. Stir in remaining walnuts and the pineapple with its juice.
5. In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat heavy cream 5 to 6 minutes, or until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into pudding mixture and pour into pie crust. Cover and chill at least 6 hours, or overnight.
© 2013 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.