2 treated for carbon monoxide in Shippensburg

(Image 1)

Two people were transported to a hospital Thursday morning after carbon monoxide spread through a Shippensburg home.

Firefighters also removed two dogs from the home in the 200 block of East Orange Street.

An ambulance was sent to the home at around 9:20 a.m. for a report of a person who was having trouble breathing. While the EMTs were treating the patient, they noticed a strong smell of gas and called for the fire department.

Deputy Fire Chief Jamie White said a high level of carbon monoxide was detected in the home. He said the family was using a generator in the basement because their electricity service had been shut off.

The two adult residents were transported to Chambersburg Hospital.

The dogs were taken to a friend’s home.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s