Fire damages Harrisburg apartment building

Careless smoking is blamed for a fire that damaged a six-unit apartment building in Harrisburg.

Fire Chief Brian Enterline said the fire at 1851 Whitehall Street caused significant heat and smoke damage to the first-floor apartment where it started Thursday evening, and the contents were a total loss.

He said most of the other apartments suffered minor smoke damage, as well as cosmetic damage where firefighters opened walls and ceilings to check for fire spread.

The American Red Cross is assisting affected residents with temporary housing.

Two firefighters suffered minor injuries to their hands.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s