Laundry on cooktop suspected in fire

(Image 1)

Investigators believe a basket of laundry left on a hot cooking top started a fire in a Lancaster home this morning.

The fire started at around 10:20 a.m. in the 200 block of N. Reservoir Street.

Police Sgt. Richard Cosmore told Lancaster Online that a man in the home put a
basket of laundry on the hot cooking top and went
upstairs, then returned to find the fire had already spread to a wall.

The man was able to escape the home by crawling onto a roof, the newspaper reported.

 

On the Web: http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/man-saved-from-roof-in-lancaster-city-alarm-fire/article_47596a58-89c9-11e3-a531-001a4bcf6878.html#.Uup944OshTo

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s