Family escapes 2-alarm house fire in Mount Joy

(Image 1)

A 14-year-old awoke to a sparking electrical outlet before a Mount Joy home caught fire early this morning, according to firefighters.

A family of four who lived in the home at 713 W. Main Street escaped without injuries.

The fire started at around 6:45 a.m. and quickly went to a second alarm for more manpower. Officials said cold temperatures and ice presented a serious challenge to those who responded to battle the blaze.

The home, which also houses a roofing business, is severely damaged.

The 700 block of W. Main Street was closed between S. Angle Street and Rose Alley while firefighters were on the scene.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s