A 14-year-old awoke to a sparking electrical outlet before a Mount Joy home caught fire early this morning, according to firefighters.
A family of four who lived in the home at 713 W. Main Street escaped without injuries.
The fire started at around 6:45 a.m. and quickly went to a second alarm for more manpower. Officials said cold temperatures and ice presented a serious challenge to those who responded to battle the blaze.
The home, which also houses a roofing business, is severely damaged.
The 700 block of W. Main Street was closed between S. Angle Street and Rose Alley while firefighters were on the scene.