Man and child rescued from roof during rowhome fire

(Image 1)

Firefighters rescued a man and a child from the roof of a burning rowhome in York City late Friday night.

The incident happened along the 400 block of Walnut Street just before midnight. The flames so fierce it spread to two homes next door.

Fire officials said the rescued child, a 4-year-old girl, was taken to Penn State Hershey Medical Center for smoke inhalation.

Eleven adults and four children were displaced. Authorities said a dog and a cat died in the fire, and two other cats have not been accounted for.

Firefighters said the fire started after an electrical problem. Damages are estimated at around $80,000.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s