Did you know Tiramisu means “pick me up” in Italian? Makes sense considering the delicious coffee flavor that comes through in each bite of this cake. Everyone'll be begging you for this recipe!
Chilling Time: 4 hr
Cooking Time: 25 min
What You'll Need:
1 (18.5-ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
1/2 cup strong black coffee
1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese (see Tip)
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (3-ounce) package ladyfingers, split
1/4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
What To Do:
1. Bake cake batter according to package directions for two 9-inch round cakes; let cool.
2. In a small bowl, combine coffee and liqueur; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, beat mascarpone cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth.
4. Place one cake layer upside down on a serving platter and prick top several times with a fork. Pour half of coffee mixture slowly over top, allowing it to absorb into cake. Spread cheese mixture evenly over layer, then place second cake layer right side up over cheese mixture. Prick top of second cake layer several times with a fork and pour remaining coffee mixture over top. Frost side and top of cake with whipped topping. Place split ladyfingers around side of cake, with flat sides pressing into frosting, then sprinkle top with cocoa.
5. Cover loosely and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
© 2013 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.