Enjoy this recipe for Pecan Crusted Medallions of pork, with orange-cranberry butter and braised kale, from Executive Chef John Reis of Hilton Harrisburg.
4 ea. 2 oz. – medallions of pork
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup unsalted roasted chopped pecans
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 stick whole butter
Segments of 2 oranges
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the chopped pecans, bread crumbs, salt and pepper and set aside
3. Whip the eggs, mustard and Honey and also set aside
4. Dip the pork into the flour, then the egg, mustard mix and then the breadcrumbs, pecan mix.
5. Saute in 2 tablespoon of the butter for 2 minutes on each side, then transfer to baking dish and bake in 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
6. When done remove from pan and set aside
7. To same pan add the rest of the butter at high heat until it starts bubbling. Add the dried cranberries and orange segments and cook for about 2 minutes,
8. Place the pork over the braised kale and pour the orange cranberry butter over the pork and enjoy
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups thinly sliced onions
1 teaspoon salt
12 turns freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons minced garlic
8 cups (firmly packed) torn and stemmed kale pieces
2 cups Basic Chicken Stock
Splash of cider vinegar
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onions, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, kale, and stock and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes; add a splash of cider vinegar in the last minute of cooking.
3. Remove from the heat. Serve immediately.