Enjoy this recipe for Sweet Grilled Winter Squash from D&S Produce at the West Shore Farmer's Market.
1 medium sized butternut squash (approximately 1 1/2 pounds)
1 medium acorn squash
1 large sweet apple (Jonagold, Fuji)
3 tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
1. Peel and remove seeds from butternut and acorn squash.
2. Cut squash into 1-inch cubes.
3. Place squash, butter, maple syrup, and brown sugar into foil lined grilling basket.
4. Begin to grill the mixture over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
5. While grilling the squash, peel the apple, remove the core, and cut into 1-inch cubes.
6. Add apples into the grilling basket with the squash mixture and grill for an additional 10-15 minutes until desired tenderness.
7. Remove the squash mixture from the grilling basket and sprinkle with cinnamon.