Just when you thought grilled cheese and tomato soup couldn't get any better. Here the classic combo is combined into one hard-to-resist dish and it doesn't require a spoon!
Cooking Time: 40 min
What You'll Need:
3 tablespoons softened butter
1 (1-pound) French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 22 slices)
2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
1/2 cup milk
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spread butter on one side of bread slices and place on baking sheet.
2. Bake 5 to 7 minutes, turn over, and bake another 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
3. In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, arrange half the bread slices in a single layer. Sprinkle bread with 1-1/2 cups cheese and top with remaining bread slices.
4. In a medium bowl, combine tomato soup and milk. Evenly pour over bread.
5. Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and continue baking 10 minutes, or until heated through.
© 2013 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.