Enjoy this salad with tomatoes, basil, olive oil and mini mozzarella, courtesy of Channels Food Rescue.
1/4 oz. minced fresh garlic
3 fl. oz extra virgin olive oil
3 lbs. vine ripened tomatoes
Kosher salt to taste
2 1/2 oz. sweet onion, diced fine
Balsamic vinegar to taste
1 oz. fresh basil leaves (chiffonade)
3 oz. fresh mini mozzarella balls
1. Combine the garlic and olive oil and allow to stand at room temperature about 30 minutes.
2. Bring at least 1 gallon of water to a rapid boil.
3. Prepare an ice bath.
4. In small batches place tomatoes in rapidly boiling water for 1-2 seconds and then immediately place them in the ice bath.
5. Core and peel the tomatoes.
6. Cut the tomatoes half horizontally and gently pull out seeds.
7. Cut the tomato flesh into 1inch chunks.
8. Put the tomatoes on clean paper towels and gently salt.
9. Toss the tomatoes with garlic oil.
10. Toss the tomatoes and mozzarella with the onions, basil and vinegar.