If you want a great meal with less mess and fewer ingredients, Brown Sugar-Glazed Salmon is just the recipe! Put away the chicken and tell the gang you're grillin' fish tonight!
Cooking Time: 20 min
What You'll Need:
1 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups light brown sugar
4 (4-ounce) salmon fillets
1 (12-ounce) package broccoli slaw
3 scallions, chopped
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
What To Do:
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine soy sauce, oil, vinegar, ginger, and garlic; stir in sugar.
2. Cook 10 minutes, or until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally; remove from heat. (Mixture will thicken.) Reserve 1/2 cup soy sauce mixture; set aside.
3. Brush both sides of salmon evenly with remaining soy sauce mixture; cover and let stand 10 minutes.
4. Place salmon on grill. Cook 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing occasionally with marinade during cooking.
5. In a large bowl, toss together broccoli slaw, scallions, sesame seeds, and 1/4 cup of the reserved soy sauce mixture; top with grilled salmon. Serve with remaining soy sauce mixture.
Notes: The dipping sauce will keep in the refrigerator, covered, for several weeks. Warm sauce over medium-low heat on cooktop before serving. You can use it as a marinade for steak or shrimp, too.