Serve these delicious veggies over a plate of brown rice – a great way to get a serving of whole grains.
Recipe courtesy of Dannon®
Makes 4 servings
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 1/4 cups plain low-fat or fat-free yogurt
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
3 zucchini, sliced in 1/2-inch rounds
2 baby eggplants, sliced in 1/2-inch rounds
1 sweet onion, sliced in 1/2-inch rounds
1/2 cup roasted red peppers, diced
1. Pour balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan. Simmer to reduce to 3 tablespoons and cool.
2. Add cooled vinegar to yogurt. Mix in oil, garlic and parsley.
3. Place prepared zucchini, eggplant and onion on a sheet pan and brush with half of the yogurt mixture.
4. On a lightly oiled, pre-heated grill, cook vegetables until golden brown (about 3 to 4 minutes.)
5. Place cooked vegetables on a platter and sprinkle with red peppers. Drizzle remaining yogurt dressing over vegetables and serve. (Serve over brown rice.)