Spice up your summer sweet corn Tex-Mex style with this recipe for Ancho Chile Paste from Channels Food Rescue.
10 Ancho chile pods , seeds and stem removed
1 qt. boiling water
1. Lightly toast chiles in a hot dry pan for 20 seconds on each side.
2. Place the chiles in a non-corrosive deep container and pour boiling water to cover the pods.
3. Place a lid or plate slightly smaller than the container to keep the pods immersed in the water until they are soft (about 15 minutes).
4. Completely drain off the water the chiles were soaked in.
5. Place the chiles in a blender with enough cold water to create a smooth paste.
Hold: Refrigerated up to 5 days; may be frozen up to 1 month.