Police: Faulty heating system may have sparked fire

(Image 1)

A fire that heavily damaged a Shippensburg area home Monday morning apparently was caused by an electrical malfunction.

Trooper Michael Rugh, a state police fire marshal, said Thursday that the investigation is ongoing, but it is believed the fire at 19 Kail Avenue in Southampton Township started in the home's ceiling electric heat.

The two-alarm fire burned the roof off the house, but firefighters were able to prevent the flames from destroying the living area of the home and many personal items were able to be salvaged, Rugh said.

The American Red Cross was assisting the victims. No one was injured.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s