Electrical problem suspected for fire in 2 homes

(Image 1)

A fire that destroyed a Shippensburg area home and damaged a
neighboring house early Monday apparently was caused by an electrical

Michael Rugh, a state police fire marshal, said Thursday that the
investigation is ongoing, but it appears an electrical malfunction in an
exterior wall caused the fire at 62 Rustic Drive in Southampton

Officials have said the fire apparently started on the porch of one home and spread to the house next door.

The American Red Cross was helping four adults and a child who lived in the homes.

A firefighter was treated at a hospital for minor injuries sustained while battling the flames.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s