2 left homeless by house fire in Franklin County

(Image 1)

Two people were left homeless after fire swept through their Franklin County home Friday morning.

The fire in the 22000 block of Briggs Road in Fannett Township was first reported as a chimney fire at around 11:15 a.m., but responding firefighters found smoke coming from the eves.

Both adults in the home fled without any injuries.

Volunteer fire companies from Franklin, Cumberland, Perry, Juniata and Huntingdon counties responded to the fire.

The cause was not immediately determined.

The American Red Cross was assisting the residents.

The home was a total loss.

blog comments powered by Disqus