Man accused in attack on elderly sisters faces more charges

(Image 1)

Police have filed additional charges against a man who allegedly beat and robbed three elderly sisters in their Lancaster County home.

The additional charges against 22-year-old Dereck Taylor Holt include a felony count of receiving stolen property and a misdemeanor count of carrying a firearm without a license.

According to charging documents, Holt stole a .22 caliber revolver and carried it in his vehicle until his father took the firearm and hid it from him before turning it over to police.

Holt has been in Lancaster County Prison on $1 million bail since his arrest last month, when he was charged with three counts each of aggravated assault, simple assault, reckless
endangerment, ethnic intimidation, unlawful restraint, and false
imprisonment in addition to single counts of robbery, burglary and
theft.

Police have said Holt was dressed in a suit
and tie and claimed to be an insurance salesman when he went to the women's home in Clay Township the morning of December 14.

He then attacked the women with his fists and a stun gun and bound their hands and feet with
duct tape, according to police.

The women, ages 84-90, were restrained for about four
hours while Holt ransacked the home, damaged Bibles, and poured household
chemicals on the floor and furniture, police said.

At one point, he told the victims he is a former Mennonite and has anger toward the
community since leaving the faith, documents state.

According to the documents, one of the women suffered a
brain bleed and a fractured left shoulder in the assault. Another had
severe bruising to her body and face, and the third had severe bruising
and suffered a heart attack as a result of the attack.

blog comments powered by Disqus