Man dies after carbon monoxide fills home

(Image 1)

An elderly Shrewsbury Township man has died after crews found dangerous levels of carbon monoxide and smoke in his home Friday evening.

Firefighters were called to the home on the 12300 block of Susquehanna Trail South around 6 p.m. Friday for reports of light smoke.

The man, whose identity has not yet been released, was found unconscious inside the home.  Firefighters and EMS personnel performed CPR until an ambulance arrived. He was taken to York Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Shrewsbury Fire Chief, Tony Myers, said a malfunctioning water heater in the basement of the home was emitting dangerous levels of carbon monoxide. 

Myers said there was no sounding smoke detector in the home.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s