Enjoy this recipe for Red Cabbage and Pork Chops from Chef Sharon Prudhomme of Prudhomme's Lost Cajun Kitchen.
1-2 Cups red cabbage, shredded
1/2 Cup onion, diced
4-5 Mushrooms, chopped
1 Bell pepper, sliced
3-4 Tbs. applesauce
Oil to prevent sticking
Pinch of cumin
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of jerk seasoning
Pinch of black pepper
1. Mix seasonings together and dry rub meat on both sides.
2. Add a dash of seasoning mix to hot pan with small amount of oil.
3. Add cabbage, onion, mushrooms and peppers and toss to coat, sweat down until cabbage is soft and wilted and onions are beginning to caramelize.
4. Slit meat to form pocket
5. Add applesauce to cabbage mixture and saute.
6. Spoon mix into chops and add to pan.
7. Cook 4 minutes on each side.
8. Add any extra cabbage mix to top of meat when plating.