The layers of Mr. Food's Four-Layer Pecan Pie magically come together in a contrast of creamy filling, crunchy pecans, and a flaky refrigerated pie crust.
Preparation Time: 15 min
Chilling Time: 4 hr
Cooking Time: 40 min
1 refrigerated rolled pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar, divided
2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
1 cup corn syrup
1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate, pressing crust firmly into plate.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 egg. Beat at low speed until smooth; set aside.
3. In another medium bowl, beat 3 eggs. Add remaining sugar, the corn syrup, and remaining vanilla; mix well.
4. Spread cream cheese mixture in pie crust. Sprinkle with pecans and slowly pour corn syrup mixture over pecans.
5. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until center is set. Let cool, then refrigerate 4 hours or until ready to serve.
Note: If necessary, cover edge of pie crust with foil to prevent excessive browning after 25 minutes. If you like, you can top each slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of maple syrup.
© 2011 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.