The big bold taste of bacon is trendier than ever. Mr. Food's Asparagus Bacon Bundles are sure to guarantee that your family will eat their vegetables. With the smoky taste of bacon in every bite, this one is a hit-maker.
Cooking Time: 20 min
Makes 12 bundles.
* 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
* 12 slices bacon
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes in oil
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Wrap 4 asparagus spears with a slice of bacon, leaving both ends of the asparagus unwrapped (see Note); place on prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining asparagus and bacon; sprinkle bundles with pepper.
3. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.
4. Place on a large platter, sprinkle with sundried tomatoes, and serve immediately.
NOTE: If the asparagus spears are thick, you can use 3 per bundle. Adjust the number of spears in each bundle accordingly.
© 2011 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.