Chock-full of mood-boosting, healthy ingredients, this hearty, flavorful Tuscan One Pot Italian-style stew is sure to brighten dinnertime. Savor every last drop of this easy one pot with some crusty whole grain bread.
Cooking Time: 40 min
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 pound turkey sausage, casing removed
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, chopped
* 3 (15-1/2-ounce) cans great northern beans, undrained
* 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
* 2 cups chicken broth
* 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 2 cups fresh spinach, washed and patted dry
1. In a large soup pot, heat oil over high heat. Add sausage, onion, and garlic, and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains, stirring frequently to break up the meat.
2. Add remaining ingredients except spinach; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in spinach, and serve.
© 2011 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.