Pork chops are a dinner staple in so many homes, but this zippy variation that includes pineapple and salsa is sure to make everybody stand up and take notice!
* 1 cup thick and chunky salsa (see Tip)
* 1 (15-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
* 4 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 4 (5-ounce) center-cut pork loin chops, trimmed
1. In a medium bowl, combine salsa, pineapple and scallions; set aside.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork chops, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
3. Add salsa mixture to skillet; simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes or until pork is done, turning occasionally.
Tip: If you like your food with a kick, you're in control! Salsa comes in hot, medium, and mild varieties – the choice is up to you!
© 2010 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.